Friday, April 29, 2011

A few symmetrical doodles

Here are a couple of unfinished doodles done mainly in Zbrush. Start with a rough symmetrical lo-res blob and slowly up the resolution as you paint it into focus. The technique is from a great tutorial by Neville Page.
It is weird to only have to paint one side and have it magically appear on the other side. Of course the cyclops needs a lot more non-symmetrical work, but it would be kind of cool if we all grew hair and whiskers symmetrically.








1 comment:

  1. So I see you finally Caved in and joined me! get it; Robin - Caved! hehe, i bet you miss my humour while you work! These images are cool, the bugs are interesting, are you going to carry on a theme with them? I hope so.
    Hope you're well, what are you up to?
    thanks for joining me, and keep up the awesome art! hez x

    ReplyDelete