Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Muddy "Mississippi" Waters


Another in my line of vector portraits of songwriters is one of my all time favourites, Muddy Waters. I have been doing this one over the last few months. I haven't quite worked out what i want in the background yet or what the final colours should be.



This is probably the closest to what i originally wanted to achieve. Love that 70's style shirt...



Here i was fooling around with various patterns & fills in illustrator.



More with the patterns and fills, starting to fall apart as a portrait though.


I kind of like this colourway , but it isnt quite popping enough for me.



Maybe a bit to obvious for a bluesman to be in shades of blue...?


When I had the vector shapes sorted out i quickly painted it as an acrylic on wood portrait. I think it still needs quite a bit of work as it has lost something of the confidence seen in Muddy in the vector. Also it needs a background, maybe some kind of abstract cityscape...


No comments:

Post a Comment