Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bushscapes Post #2

Bushscapes 2 - Experiments

Having decided to use this idea as one of my proposals in my studies I did further research and tried a lot of different techniques.

Here I have used a much more painterly approach in Painter.



I started this with a very quick Painter wash then added the trees with a single photoshop brush, same for the grasses



I tried lots more stuff with grasses to get the foreground looking better and work on the colours a little more.



I gathered a lot of photographic reference to help make the brushes. But as you can see here it didn't really work. It was all too specific and hard edged, and gets a bit too same-samey.




The Photoshop brush technique really wasn't working I needed more variation in texture and edges so I moved on to primarily using Corel Painter.

This proved much better as I could put specific textures in the paper surface and spray elements on with the image hose. It gave it a much more random and less mechanical look.






The results were encouraging, it was time to get into the final images...

No comments:

Post a Comment