Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bushscapes Post #3

Bushscapes- Some final images

I ended up doing 8 final images and you can see a selection of them below.
I found it hard to keep them stylistic and had to fight the urge to tighten them up and add too much detail.

I learnt a lot in making this first image, it went through several stages and helped set up the process properly.



This next image started off as a daylight scene and quite realistic, after several hours I dumped it all and began again with just a few simple stylised shapes and a much more interesting colour palette.



Here I also started with quite realistic colours and towards the end I changed it all to a weirder, Venusian palette.



Simple colours and strong graphic shapes seemed to work better, realism wasn't that important. Here I tried a raking sunset light hitting scribbly trees on big rolling hills.



I liked the raking light idea so I used it again on a simpler landscape with large empty grassy areas and detailed grass brushes in the fg.



This is a more realistic and carefully painted scene. I like the textures of the fg grasses and shadows. I was trying to get the feeling of distance with aerial perspective and that fence line leading the eye down past the dam and into the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment