Thursday, November 11, 2010

Suburban scapes Post #1

So this semester I carried on with more digital background images. This time I was trying to make more of them surburban and urban than bushscapes, although I did a couple of those too.

I also added some characters at the very end, I think they help focus the images a bit although keep in mind the background is the point not the characters. Maybe they are a bit too distracting.



The hard bit about adding buildings and man made objects is that suddenly perspective becomes a big issue. It isn't too apparent in the bushscapes but all the angles have to line up to some extent with a building or it just doesn't look right. So I drew and redrew the house above and pushed the perspective more each time to make it more cartoony and fun.



I also added a character to this bushscape and I really like the character, he's a goanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment